Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Am I all Alone??


Last night, I googled "moms and childhood cancer" to try to find some other moms with a connection.  I came up with nothing.  I know there are other moms out there who find themselves on this horrific journey with their child.  I just need to find them.  Lately, I feel myself slipping away from my friends with children.  I listen to them complain about sleepless nights or teething troubles and I try to care.  I really want to.  The problem is, I would give every fiber of my being to share those concerns.  I want to worry about the small things and not endure sleepless nights wondering if my child will make it to three when he can finally get the radiation he needs to give him a small glimmer of hope.  It is exhausting trying to relate to other moms so I find myself avoiding them instead which leaves me feeling guilty and lonely.  If you know of a mom that really gets what I am going through, send them my way.  We just might be able to make this journey a little easier for each other.

2 comments:

  1. I have a couple of blogs that might help - they're written by personal friends/family, so I don't want to give the URLs in a public forum. Send me an email at blogginboutbooks[AT]gmail[DOT][COM] and I'll give you the links.

    Have you tried Yahoo groups? I'm on one about transracial adoption and it has been SO helpful to me. Just a thought ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first time I've read your blog, and I don't know what kind of cancer your little boy has, but I know a family who's son had DIPG (Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma). The father wrote a blog about their journey. I can share it with you if you like. Email me at hollymtripp (at) gmail (dot) (com).

    ReplyDelete