Monday, February 8, 2010

I really want more!!!

I first heard about Invisible i by Mellissa Kantor on Susan's blog when she posted an interview with the author.  If you want to read a really good book review or find a new book, you should check out her site!  Of course, I worry that you won't come back here because she does an incredible job!  I tried to win this book in one of her frequent giveaways but sadly,  I had to wait for my local library to get it.  This book ranks up there as one of my favorite YA books! There was so much to love about this book!  I was immediately drawn to the character of Callie, who is a popular i girl at her high school.  Even though she has a clique of popular friends, she doesn't feel like they truly accept her for who she is and most of the time, she has to pretend to be someone she is not to fit in with them.  Callie seemed so real to me and every description of her clique of friends brought images to mind from my own high school experience. I love the lessons about being true to yourself that are woven into this book.  I hope the teens who read it will see that real friends are more important than their social ranking.   I am in awe of the author's ability to create so much mystery and suspense in this book.  As Callie joins two outcasts on the search for her missing friend Amanda, I found myself creating my own theories on her disappearance.  You know a book is really good when you start creating possible scenarios while cooking dinner!  Even though I was disappointed that the ending left reader's with more questions than answers, I was also extremely excited that there will be more books in this series.  I know I am already dying to read the next one.  It has been a long time since I read a book with this much creativity, warmth, humor, and style. 

1 comment:

  1. Aw, you're so sweet ... thanks for all the compliments :) I'm glad you liked AMANDA I. I love that it's such a fun, clever story, but one with a lot of depth to it.

    BTW: I see that you're a Jodi Picoult fan like me. Did you know she has a new book coming out in March? I had no idea until I saw it on Amazon. SO excited!

    ReplyDelete